Industry News for NCMIC Insurance Company
Clive, Iowa 50325
800-769-2000 ext. 3569
- Co-investigator on Washington State’s “Occupational Health Services Project.”
- Agency lead for “Occupational Health Conservative Care Best Practices Resources”
- Project lead for numerous evidence-based health policy, guidelines and coverage decision efforts
- Advance research and the exchange of scientific information
- Promote high ethical standards in research and/or practice
- Contribute to practical applications to chiropractic practice
- Interact professionally with other individuals and groups involved in relevant research and application
The NCMIC Foundation awarded Robert Mootz, D.C., with the Jerome F. McAndrews, D.C., Memorial Research Fund Award on March 21, 2014, at the Association of Chiropractic Colleges Educational Conference and Research Agenda Conference (ACC-RAC).
As a recipient of the McAndrews’ Award, Dr. Mootz was recognized for his drive to educate, elevate, and influence others, specifically the public, healthcare providers, and policy. Dr. Mootz currently serves as the Associate Medical Director for Chiropractic at the Department of Labor and Industries for the State of Washington. Examples of his work include:
These efforts have a system wide impact on improving healthcare to injured workers, providing an evidenced-based approach to healthcare, and developing a level playing field for all care healthcare providers, including Doctors of Chiropractic.
The Jerome F. McAndrews, D.C., Memorial Research Fund was created by the NCMIC Foundation to honor Dr. McAndrews’ longtime support of the scientific and practical advancement of the study of chiropractic. It provides an award each year to a worthy research recipient. This award recognizes an individual or a group who has demonstrated exceptional ability to:
Past recipients of this award are: James Whedon, D.C., M.S. (2013), Pierre Côté, D.C., Ph.D. (2011), Deborah Kopansky-Giles, D.C. (2010), Sidney Rubinstein, D.C., Ph.D. (2009) and Simon Dagenais, D.C., Ph.D. (2008). For more information about the Foundation, please email email@example.com. Or, go to www.ncmicfoundation.org to make a contribution.