Industry News for
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Shawn Clark
4080 S West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
intelliBED Recently Sponsored Noteworthy Continuing Education Course at Life University
Salt Lake City, UT – October 15th, 2013 – intelliBED™, the industry pioneer in sleep wellness, recently sponsored a resoundingly well-received continuing education course entitled “Sleep Wellness and an Improved Patient Outcome” led by Dr. Jason Lord, CEO and President of Housecall.
“There is no question that adequate sleep is imperative for maintaining health and wellness,” explained Shawn Clark, Executive Vice-President and Co-founder of intelliBED. “It’s amazing to discover all there is to know about the science of sleep, and we’re thrilled that the information Dr. Lord shared had such a positive impact on the attendees, inspiring them to apply what they had learned to their every day practices.”
The course was held at Life University on October 3, 2013, and Dr. Lord shared insightful information that every chiropractor should know about the science of sleep. The course topics included:
- the epidemic of sleep-related problems in the US and how those rates are growing
- the correlation between sleep issues and many growing disease states, especially stroke, back pain, diabetes, obesity, and many of the immunological diseases
- the four stages of sleep and the significance of REM
- the problem of 95% of patients with sleep problems going undiagnosed
- why sleep and the support of the body during sleep is a natural extension of the DC expertise
- the critical role the sleep surface plays in promoting deep, healing sleep
- the emergence of new wellness quality products using superior performing materials
- how DCs can monetize incorporating sleep wellness into their practices
Dr. Nicole Zimmerman, director of intelliBED’s healthcare channel, assisted with Dr. Lord’s presentation and provided much of the third-party research about mattress materials. intelliBED’s goal is to make the DC the “go-to” professional for sleep wellness care in the US, and sponsoring this continuing education course helped further that goal. For more information on its program to support the DC go to www.intellibeddc.com.
“The positive feedback from the attendees was beyond our expectations,” added Shawn. “Many had no idea how important sleep was to the overall health and wellness of their patients. This wasn’t merely a course to obtain continuing education credits – it was a ground-breaking course that provided invaluable information impacting the way the attendees will approach patient care in the future.”
intelliBED, founded in 1998 as a division of Advanced Comfort Technologies, Inc. is committed to becoming the worldwide leader in the sleep-wellness revolution by partnering with chiropractors across America. intelliBED was founded on the idea that it is possible to perfect the science of sleep. Most manufacturers are still making mattresses with the same materials used since 1960 – materials that can be harmful, even toxic, to the body. With thorough research, doctor and patient interviews, and extensive third-party testing, we designed, built and manufactured the mattress the other mattress companies don’t want you to know about! intelliBED enjoys the exclusive rights to the intelliGEL® technology patent – the only gel that can sense out and relieve pressure points. Visit intelliBED.com.