Douglas Laboratories® introduces new line of NSF Certified for Sport® nutritional supplements for athletes
PITTSBURGH, Pa., September 25, 2012 – Being an athlete isn't a hobby. It's a lifestyle. It takes a commitment to training and living healthy – every day. With that principal in mind, Douglas Laboratories® – the trusted choice of healthcare professionals for superior quality, science-based nutritional supplements for more than 50 years – has combined the expertise of doctors and athletes to create Klean Athlete™: a line of nutritional supplements designed specifically for athletes who want to reach peak performance through optimal health.
"The Klean Athlete™ Line has become something of a personal mission for us here at Douglas Labs," says Timothy Monk, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Douglas Laboratories®, a multiple marathon and triathlon finisher including the Ironman World Championships. "Many of us are athletes who are passionate about competing at our very best in a natural way and we recognized a need to create products which support – rather than enhance – peak performance."
"Peak health means getting rid of the things your body doesn't need and getting the right amount of things you do," says Dr. Andrew Halpner, Ph.D., Vice President of Product Development and Technical Services at Douglas Laboratories® and the head of Klean Athlete™ R&D. "That's exactly what we've developed with this group of products."
The Klean Athlete™ line is composed of seven nutritional supplements created to provide a safe and effective foundation to live healthy, train smart and compete at the best possible level:
- Klean Multivitamin™ – A twice-daily tablet, which acts as the starting line for promoting overall health. † The formulation is optimized for the athlete to give them the vital nutrients they need in smaller, more powerful doses, and nothing that they don't need. Klean Multivitamin™ also contains a unique fruit & vegetable blend.
- Klean Antioxidants™ – Powered by the super fruit Maqui Berry, the anti-aging ingredient Astaxanthin, as well as a patented combination of Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Lipoic Acid, these vegetarian capsules help guard against cellular damage that comes from intense training and helps maximize the long-term health of athletes, both young and seasoned.†
- Klean Cognitive™ – Supports brain health with the same Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Lipoic Acid combination, as well as, a vegetarian Alpha-CPG formula to support brain health – so the mind performs as well as the body.†
- Klean Probiotic™ – Promotes digestive health so nutrients the body needs to perform (including those provided by other Klean products) can be properly absorbed into the bloodstream and is formulated to support immune response.†
- Klean Isolate™ – No artificial flavors or sweeteners, just premium-quality whey protein isolate to build and repair muscle.†
- Klean Electrolytes™ –Replenishes important minerals in your patients' bodies during or after exercise. The capsule formula allows users and HCPs to customize dosage according to any athlete's training needs.†
- Klean Endurance™ – A great tasting chew that accelerates the natural way the human body produces energy. This all-natural D-Ribose supplement is clinically proven to help restore and replenish energy while supporting cardiac function and fatigue.†
The complete line of Klean Athlete™ products recently underwent a meticulous testing and verification process to receive the esteemed NSF Certified for Sport® certification ensuring that each product is free of banned substances. Recognized by major sports organizations including the NFL, MLB, NHL and PGA, the NSF Certified for Sport® program was developed in response to the concerns of athletes, coaches, team owners and others about finding banned substances in sports nutrition products.
Douglas Laboratories® maintains outstanding quality control from start-to-finish for Klean Athlete™ ingredients and products. They are one of the few supplement providers who control manufacturing, packaging and distribution, thus ensuring that the highest quality product reaches every athlete.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
About Klean Athlete™
The Klean Athlete™ NSF Certified for Sport® supplements were designed to maintain the healthy lifestyle and promote peak performance of athletes, from the weekend warrior to the amateur and professional competitor. Powered by Douglas Laboratories®, this new line of certified nutritional supplements is backed by more than 50 years of science, dedicated research and manufacturing excellence. Klean Athlete™ will be available through licensed healthcare professionals as well as qualified coaches, trainers, and registered customers at www.kleanathlete.com.
About Douglas Laboratories®
A subsidiary of Atrium Innovations Inc. [TSX: ATB], Douglas Laboratories®, the trusted choice of thousands of healthcare professionals for over 50 years, is at the forefront of the nutritional health industry, proudly researching, developing and manufacturing superior quality, science-based supplements that help people improve their health. Douglas Laboratories® provides the added insurance of multiple domestic and international GMP certifications, including ISO-9001 Certification and ISO-17025 Accreditation for in-house laboratories, as well as NSF® International Registration. With headquarters located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, Douglas Laboratories® currently offers and distributes over 600 branded products worldwide. For additional information, please visit www.douglaslabs.com.
Klean Athlete™ is tested and certified by the NSF Certified for Sport® program (www.nsfsport.com) part of NSF International's Health Sciences Division.
This growing division offers training and education, consulting, GMP and GLP testing, certification, R&D and auditing for the dietary supplement, pharmaceutical and medical device industries throughout the entire product lifecycle. The Health Sciences Division includes NSF's prestigious Dietary Supplements Certification Program. NSF International developed the only American National Standard for Dietary Supplements (NSF/ANSI 173) and tests and certifies supplements against this standard. NSF's Health Science Division operates globally throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America. For more information visit www.nsfsport.com.
About Atrium Innovations
Atrium Innovations Inc. is a globally recognized leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of innovative, science-based dietary supplements available mainly through healthcare practitioners and health food and specialized stores. Atrium has over 1,100 employees and operates eight manufacturing facilities. Additional information is available at www.atrium-innovations.com.