Industry News for Performance Health
Announcing the Thera-Band® 2010 Innovation Challenge
Practitioners' Product Ideas Benefit Rehab & Industry Associations
Akron, Ohio - August 17, 2010 - Performance Health / Hygenic Corporation has launched the Thera-Band 2010 Innovation Challenge, a unique and creative program that enables healthcare professionals to propose new product ideas that could innovate their industry. Plus, through their participation they could generate funding for their industry's association.
"Our success as a company is based on the success of the rehab professionals we serve. They have always been a source of great ideas to improve outcomes. The original idea behind the Thera-Band resistance band was actually brought to us by two physical therapists back in 1975. They were using our bulk dental dam product to enhance the effectiveness of their patients' rehabilitation programs and wanted us to develop additional resistance levels," stated Ethan Pochman, Director of Marketing and Clinical Solutions. "We hope this challenge uncovers some great new products for the profession, while generating funds for three very worthwhile organizations. We think it will be a lot of fun too."
- Event is open to all healthcare professionals (active or retired).
- Submissions only accepted online and between August 15, 2010 and October 31, 2010.
- For the first 25 submissions, Performance Health/Hygenic Corporation will make a charitable donation of $100 in the healthcare professional's name. These 25 individuals can choose from one of the following organizations:
- American Chiropractic Foundation
- Foundation for Physical Therapy
- NATA Research & Education Foundation
- Visit www.thera-bandinnovation.com for complete details and submission form.
Performance Health/Hygenic Corporation will evaluate all submissions. If interested in the idea, the Company will contact the healthcare professional for further discussion.