Former Auburn Tigers Coach Will Show How ‘You Can Make a Difference’
ABC sports analyst Terry Bowden obviously has a lot of expertise about football and sports in general. But he also has many insights to offer in the area of human potential. He’ll share a little about both of these topics on Thursday, May 27, at 7:30 p.m., when he presents “You Can Make a Difference” at Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic.
Bowden has been successful as a student, an athlete and a college football coach and is a much sought-after motivational speaker. The qualities that have made him successful throughout his life – enthusiasm, contagious optimism, confidence, humor and work ethic – are the same qualities that he now relies on as a network television studio analyst for college football.
As a college football coach, Bowden was enormously successful, compiling a 15-year record of 111-53-2 and an impressive winning percentage of 68 percent. As head coach of the Auburn Tigers, he won 73 percent of his games and posted the best opening five-year run of any head football coach in school history. In 1993, he accomplished a feat that no other Division I-A coach had ever accomplished. He had gone undefeated and untied in his first year as a Division I-A head coach at Auburn University, a perfect 11-0.
Bowden was born into one of the most famous and successful college football families. His father, Bobby Bowden, turned Florida State into a national champion, his brother Tommy is head coach at Clemson, brother Jeff is the offensive coordinator at Florida State and brother-in-law Jack Hines is an assistant coach for the Clemson Tigers.
Bowden’s talk is part of the college’s annual Lyceum and homecoming program. This year’s Lyceum, FUN-damentals of Chiropractic, will be filled with entertainment, social events and, of course, first-class chiropractic presenters and seminars. The program offers four days of outstanding speakers, fellowship and inspiration and 96 hours of continuing education credit from which to choose.
Other Lyceum events include:
- Philosophy programs with Reggie Gold, D.C., and Joe Strauss, D.C.
- Science, x-ray and research explorations with Drs. Gloria Niles, Dennis Marchiori, Bruce Lipton, and Ralph Boone
- Technique programs with Tim Guest, D.C., Ron Castellucci, D.C., Peter Kevorkian, D.C., and Patti Giuliano, D.C.
- Practice-building programs with Drs. C.J. Mertz, Eric Plasker, Joe Donofrio Sr., and many more
- C.A. programs led by Heidi Farrell and Rose Panico
- Special “Big Top” session with keynote speaker Charles “Tremendous” Jones
- Fireworks, an outrageously fun and festive banquet, and other special annual events like the golf tournament, the 5K Road Race, alumni reunions and the Spirit of Lyceum.
***Admission to Bowden’s talk is included in the registration cost for Lyceum. For details, please call Sherman College at 864-578-8770 or 800-849-8771 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about other Lyceum programs and activities, visit the Lyceum section of the college’s web site at www.sherman.edu/lyceum.