Industry News for Foot Levelers
Snow Shoveling Safety: Chiropractic Care & Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers Can Help
"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" may be a great winter weather song, but it could mean big trouble for your patients! That's because as the temperature drops, you may start to see more patients with back injuries from shoveling snow. The good news is that the combination of your chiropractic care and Foot Levelers' Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers can help your patients make it through the winter months with a spring in their step!
Shoveling snow may seem like an easy task, but if your patients aren't careful they could seriously hurt their backs. It is easy to strain the muscles in the back, causing pain and discomfort. Here are some important tips to give your patients for shoveling snow safely:
- Get a good shovel, preferably one with a bend in it (which is better for the lower back)
- Before starting to shovel, bend forward, backward, and side to side, to loosen the muscles in the back
- When possible, push snow away from you rather than lifting it up to avoid straining or twisting your back
- If you do have to lift snow, don't overload your shovel and bend your knees to lift with your legs, rather than your back
- Pace yourself and try to shovel newly fallen snow because it's lighter than heavily packed snow
- Make sure you bundle up to keep your body warm
Foot Levelers can also help keep your patients' bodies working at their best. Foot Levelers' Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers are the only orthotics designed to support all three arches of the foot. By balancing the arches of the foot, Stabilizers align the ankles, knees, and pelvis to provide a balanced foundation. Stabilizers also help chiropractic adjustments hold longer, helping prolong your patients' wellness.
For more information about Foot Levelers' products, call toll free: 1.800.553.4860 (USA), 1.800.344.4860 (CAN), or visit online www.footlevelers.com.
Foot Levelers, Inc. is the world's exclusive provider of custom-made Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers and other therapeutic products that have served the healthcare profession for more than 55 years. Foot Levelers' products have helped millions of people enjoy fuller and happier lives at work, home, or at play.